Hopefully you’ve made the switch to Lion. Although I wasn’t impressed initially, I really do like the extra features and am putting them to good use. However, you might be wondering if some of your old apps will still work. Power PC apps are no longer supported, but if you’re like me, you don’t know what apps were power PC or not.
If you’re wondering about a specific app and searched through Google, hopefully you’ll find this list helpful.
I’m just reporting apps that are unsupported by Lion as I find them. Hopefully this helps people wanting to make the jump to Lion. I keep discovering more as I start to use those apps I use less frequently. This isn’t a definitive guide, please leave a comment below if you have any additions.
- Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Entourage
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Auto Update 2003
- Canon EOS Capture Version 22.214.171.124
- Desktastic 3.0 by Panic, Inc.
Adding to the list:
- SyncTwoFolders V1.1.1 – ©2006, Th. Robisson & Ph. Galmel
- Starcraft Carbon V1.11, the updated original Starcraft that would load without OSX Classic
- Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal V1.0 R1
- Pipette V1.0r1 (A color Picker app I’ve used for years)
- Minuteur V5.3.6 (A timer app)
- Jack OSX
- Final Cut Pro V5.0.4
- Cinema Tools 3.0.3 by Apple
- Compressor 2.0 by Apple
- WavePad V3.20 by NCH Swift Sound
- Netscape 6
- Firefox V1.0
There are more to be added soon. That’s just what’s on my Laptop.
Update – August 16, 2011
Camouflage by Briksoftware doesn’t work. Or at least not until you make the upgrade. I did this through the app store. But there are a few things to keep in mind. Read:How to get camouflage working after upgrading to Lion.